Sunday, May 17, 2009

MANCHESTER UNITED – Premier League Champions 2008/09


Manchester United made it three Premier League title's on the bounce after securing the point they needed with a 0-0 draw at home to Arsenal.The point puts United out of Liverpool's reach with one game left.United boss Sir Alex Ferguson aims to make it 19 league titles next season after Manchester United equalled Liverpool's record.

When asked whether equalling Liverpool's record was a special moment, Ferguson told Sky Sports: "It'll make it more special when we are in front of them.

"Next year we are going for it again."

He added: "That was the target because they were the greatest side in the land.

"But I never thought we could get 11 titles - never in a million years."

Ferguson also revealed that retirement still remains a distant proposition despite his advancing years.

He said: "I'm not contemplating it. I'll carry on. I'm going to stay as a manager and my health will tell me when to quit."

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...